Re: Tainted builds (was Re: usrmerge -- plan B?)

Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> writes:

> Whether a package is being built within a chroot or not, has nothing
> to do with how that installation is being managed IMO. It feels a bit
> like recording what's the form factor of the machine being run on? :)

I think what people are trying to get at here is "was the package built on
a system with packages other than build dependencies plus build-essential
plus essential/required packages installed."

I do think this would be very useful to track, but it's a bit complicated
to work out, and there are probably a few other exceptions that would need
to be in place.