Re: usrmerge -- plan B?

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 03:14:44PM +0100, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> Am Fr., 23. Nov. 2018 um 14:47 Uhr schrieb Stephan Seitz
> <stse+debian@fsing.rootsland.net>:
> >
> > On Fr, Nov 23, 2018 at 02:04:05 +0100, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> > >If there are actual issues encountered, we can always revert a change
> >
> > And how do you revert this change? As far as I have understand you can’t
> > remove the usrmerge package and have your system in the old state again.
>
> You don't - it's unstable, for testing these things. If it breaks, you
> file a bug and fix the system.

Fix -- not completely restore from backups.  This is not an option with
usrmerge; we have severity:critical for bugs with such a fallout.

And yeah, bugs of this severity prevent a package from being a part of the
next stable release.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ I've read an article about how lively happy music boosts
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ productivity.  You can read it, too, you just need the