Re: OpenSSL disables TLS 1.0 and 1.1

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Colin Tuckley <colint@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> wrote:
>
>> If I upload things to experimental and ask people to test it,
>> I will get no feedback at all.
>
> None the less, that is the correct thing to do.
>
> After an upload to unstable the first thing that will happen is that
> every DD will file an RC bug against it to stop it transitioning to
> testing citing no testing and massive breakage of depending packages
> with no fix available.
>
> Colin
>
> --
> Colin Tuckley    | +44(0)1223 830814 |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
> Debian Developer | +44(0)7799 143369 | 0xFA0C410738C9D903

Greetings,

I believe this is the reason I am currently unable to backup my
gmail account with isync/ mbsync

Not only valuable for me as a backup, this makes mail available for
use with notmuch with both emacs and mutt.

Of course if this persuades gmail to update soon, great.

Anyhow, assuming this to be the reason for my inability to download
mail today, what an effort to reply to these emails I am now stuck in
the bloody browser again, no vim, no emacs ...

Ralph