Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

On 06/22/2016 02:12 PM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 08:13:40AM +0000, Eliran Mesika wrote:
>> As I wrote earlier, we're open to making certain features available upon
>> request. In the specific case of the feature that was discussed - could you
>> please elaborate what is missing and what functionality is available on the
>> Enterprise edition that you'd like to be made public? We want to better
>> understand the use-case and the requirements to respond to this request.
>
> I'm obviously not Alex but I also object using a software for Debian's
> own infrastructure which is split into a free and an enterprise version.
>
> It's not about a specific patch.
>
> Free gitlab and we can talk again.
>
> It's not that there are no free alternatives.

Hi all,

At this point, I'm dropping work on gitlab for debian and moving to less
controversial alternative pagure.

I'm going to setup a gitlab.debian.net alias to git.fosscommunity.in for
those who want to use gitlab unofficially.

Hi DSA team,

I'd like to create a VM in debian infra with DNS shukra.debian.org [1].

Hardware spec: minimum 2 GB RAM and 4 virtual CPUs (hope this can be
increased when required).

Thanks
Praveen

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Shukra (wiki page needs updating)