Re: Installer of Debian Stable allows to use btrfs for /, does it mean it's mature enough to use safely?

On Jul 08, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

> And of those two choices, I would lean heavily towards ext4.  I have seen
> repeated file system corruptions, kernel panics, and file systems that get
> extremely slow after heavy usage for multiple months under XFS, and have
> not seen any of those problems with ext4.
I mostly agreed with this, but then Red Hat switched to XFS as their
default and I consider this a significant endorsement.
Nowadays I tend to use XFS for the larger (> 500 GB) file systems.

--
ciao,
Marco