Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

On 06/08/2016 10:39 AM, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:
> On 8 June 2016 at 10:08, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 09:47:56AM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
>>> I am also not very keen on using a system with a "open core / enterprise"
>>> model. For such a crucial service I would really prefer a real open source
>>> system. But maybe I am alone with that oppinion.
>>
>> You're not alone. The open core approach of Gitlab worries me greatly.
>>
>> (I'm just a random Debian developer. I no particular say in this.)
>>

> +1

+1

Though I am not involved in this discussion and didn't read a lot of
previous emails about this. I am going to assume it would be hosted on
Debian's servers and not with Gitlab's hosted services. We use Gogs at
the office, a (MIT licensed) Gitlab alternative.
https://github.com/gogits/gogs
It might be worth checking out.