Re: Opt out style recommends

Le 08/04/2016 05:49, Harlan Lieberman-Berg a écrit :
> [1]: I say default here, but really, systems which turn off installing
> things which are Recommended are almost unusuable; I know for a while
> it was the policy of #debian to just turn away people who had done
> that because the system would be in such a strange state. Sincerely,
While I think installing recommended packages by default is a good
choice, disabling it is also a really good option on servers. Installing
every recommended packages is sometimes the best way to bloat your system.

It makes me think I'd love a system where Apt::Install-Recommends could
be set to "ask" and let apt ask me if I want the recommended packages
for my current request.

Adrien