Re: Math Fonts for Iceweasel and MathJax

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:

> OK. I maybe can try to add a fontconfig script or something like that.

No need for a script, just install them in the right directory.

> My another question is: there are 5 types of fonts, one of which is quite heavy:
>
> $ du -sh /usr/share/javascript/mathjax/fonts/HTML-CSS/TeX/*
> 552K    /usr/share/javascript/mathjax/fonts/HTML-CSS/TeX/eot
> 528K    /usr/share/javascript/mathjax/fonts/HTML-CSS/TeX/otf
> 116M    /usr/share/javascript/mathjax/fonts/HTML-CSS/TeX/png
> 1,2M    /usr/share/javascript/mathjax/fonts/HTML-CSS/TeX/svg
> 380K    /usr/share/javascript/mathjax/fonts/HTML-CSS/TeX/woff
>
> Which types should be in the "shared" package — will otf be enough?

otf is enough for desktop apps that use the usual desktop text
rendering APIs. Web apps might need woff/eot. PNG seems useless and
wonder why it exists. SVG I'm not sure about.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise