Re: /tmp as tmpfs and consequence for imaging software

Salvo Tomaselli <tiposchi@tiscali.it> writes:

>> I think the problems you describe are quite uncommon. Yes, there are use
>> cases where tmpfs for /tmp isn't the best solution but I think most
>> people do not place 1.2GB files in their /tmp and benefit greatly from
>> tmpfs.
>
> I thought DVD burners were quite common... and almost every desktop or laptop
> has one. And a DVD is 4GiB when not 7. And usually burning software lets you
> decide if you want to 1st create an iso and then burn it.
>
> So please, don't say it is uncommon to have big files in /tmp.
>
> --
> Salvo Tomaselli

1) Laptops/netbooks without a optical drive at all are quite common too.
2) Why would you first create the iso? Waste of time.
3) I used to burn a lot of DVDs but I haven't burned one for at least 2
   years now. Seems to be dying out. Somehow it is usb sticks or drives now
   where people used to burn DVDs before.
4) Surely the software lets you store the iso somewhere else too.

MfG
        Goswin