Re: libcairo2 in squeeze & subpixel rendering

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 12:06:48PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le lundi 09 août 2010 à 23:40 +0400, Stanislav Maslovski a écrit :
> > Thus I repeat: the subpixel rendering of fonts in current squeeze is
> > suboptimal, because instead of providing flexibility and full control
> > it virtually limits the choice of fonts by roughly two families, one
> > of which is non-free.
>
> And the other one being the default.
>
> I’ll let you come back with accurate figures of the number of users who
> change the default fonts.

Well, many users of non-latin alphabets do. I do not have an accurate
figure, however. Anyone interested should speak up (there was a
discussion of this in debian-russian, for example). Actually, whatever
figure it could be, my point you quoted above remains valid.

I'm currently travelling; I will be back home next week, then I will
look into porting the patch.

--
Stanislav