Re: The unofficial buildd effort and its shutdown - my POV

On September 6, 2004 11:06 pm, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 11:43:33PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > As to who gabbs about me: The entities are indeed mysterious even
> > to me.
> >
> > A small quote from my rejection mail:
> > | IMO/IME Goswin doesn't work well with others. Perhaps not to the
> > | extent of e.g. Eray, but never the less, enough to be a
> > | problem. Unfortunately most of the people I asked weren't willing
> > | to go on record with their comments so I'm afraid you'll have to
> > | judge for yourself ...
> >
> > As seen just recently here people do come forward in support of
> > me. But the DAM couldn't even find one person willing to come
> > forward against me?
>
> Are you really asking for people who objected to your application to
> come forward publically on this mailing list?

I would say it is an absolute requirement if you are not willing to
state your objections in public then you have no right to make any.
Besides who even knows if there were objections to start with when they
are not recorded somewhere for all to see and comment on. The person
involved never gets to hear or defend themselves against accusations
that may have been made. That would be one hell of a system for
something as important as choosing a new developer and if it is the
case as to how it works now then it should be changed. Also as far as I
can tell this should be against the Debian Social Contract as to not
hide anything from your users.

Stephen

--
Debian the choice of a GNU generation.