Re: Lost Trust

* Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> [040603 18:43]:
> >Has anyone any source or quote for this?
> http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/News_Releases/2001/
> nret0106.html
>
> Look at Section C of that order. It doesn't actually say you can't
> release the source; it just says things like:
>
> 	Accordingly, we are adopting the proposal in the Notice
> 	that manufacturers must take steps to prevent unauthorized
> 	software changes to a software defined radio.  The precise
> 	methods of ensuring the integrity of the software in a radio
> 	will be left to the manufacturer, and the manufacturer must
> 	document the methods in the application for equipment
> 	authorization.

Nice to see some facts finaly.

But let me remark that when not suppling source is a "method of
ensuring the integrity of the software", then ROT13 is working
Digital Rights Managment...

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.