Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I think I have been misrepresented.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 03:08:47PM -0400, Stephen Ryan wrote:
> I'm with Branden on this one: *every* single person arguing for a more
> restricted definition of software is a "W4ReZ d00d".

I do not believe I ever generalized this broadly.  Please do not put
words in my mouth.

I do think that some -- but by no means all -- people who want to apply
the DFSG only to a certain subset of the works in Debian main are
essentially "w4r3z d00dz" as I understand the term.  That is, people,
who derive pleasure from the simple accumulation of digital works,
and/or see it as an end in itself.

This is a variant of the "he who dies with the most toys wins"
philosophy.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Quantum materiae materietur marmota
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    monax si marmota monax materiam