perl stuff still broke in potato

Figured I post to see if anyone has any idea when all these packages in
potato that use or depend on perl will be updated. To date that means 56+
packages on my system alone are in a state of hold waiting for the updates
for over 30 days now. I know its unstable and I expect this type of thing
and am in the process of redoing all the effected myself. But what I don't
understand is the time period to fix them and the talk of rushing potato to
be frozen/released for some kind of trade show in sept. while this type of
thing exists in it now and here we are at august 1st.

remove nospam from email address to reply directly.