RE: newbie comments on editor choice

There is more to emacs than text editing.  It is an enviornment.  Also emacs is where i first met lisp...

But to be honest I should have said, "this summer is pretty full with projects already...and school eats up almost all personal project time...so next summer or the summer after that I'll learn vi for the fun of it..."