DFSG2: Why is software freedom useful, and what does it mean ?

While I was at SANE, I gave a talk, entitled `Why is software freedom
useful, and what does it mean ?'

It explains in general terms what the practical benefits of free
software are, and examines what kinds of licences allow you to get
these benefits.

I'd be grateful if at least some of you would read it.  It's in the
conference proceedings, and also on the web at
 <URL:http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ijackson/sane98-talk.ps>

I think it might help to explain some of the background to my DFSG2
draft.

Ian.