Re: Incoming directory status

On Fri, 10 May 1996, Bill Mitchell wrote:

> Or, perhaps better, a termcap-compat package might use 'infocmp -Cr`
> to construct a /etc/termcap file using terminal definitions taken from
> the currently-installed terminfo files.
>
> Alternatively, the termcap file might be built from the installed
> terminfo files in the termcap-compat postinst, and the termcap-compat
> package re-installed if rebuilding the termcap file is needed to capture
> changes made in the terminfo files.

Looked into it. Not worth it. First I'd have to reorder the whole list
using another script. And we'd loose all the informative comments. etc.

I'll just update my package from time to time with the latest directly
from the ncurses site. And it's not like the main entries (vt100, linux,
etc.) are changing *that* often anyways. And it's simpler that way.

  Christian