Re: Forking hex-a-hop?

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 11:32:59AM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> I'm seriously thinking that it might make sense to fork hex-a-hop, as
> upstream doesn't seem to be very resposive lately, he doesn't seem to be
> very willing to release new versions, and there's a lot of changes we have
> done to the code.

 For how long do you call it "lately", and "not very responsive", in
turn?  Given what you said on IRC it sounded like it had just recently
happened, some few weeks ago.

 Given that rather short period of time I would suggest not to fork yet
because in that time period it might be reasoning you haven't though of,
it sounds a bit of impatient to me.

 I don't want to belittle the changes Jens and you have done with saying
that, but it might become a bigger problem/issue if we fork now and have
then problems with remerging when upstream returns from whatever sort of
vacation they might be in, if that is the case.

> That would allow us  to clean the code a bit, remove the DOS endings, move
> all the code to the .cpp files  and remove it from the .h headers and so
> on. And also we would be able to provide a proper tarball to other distros
> that might want to include the game.

 Though, those are good intentions and reasons for it.  Still, think
about it before rushing it like it sounds now to me a bit.

 So long,
Rhonda