Re: Debian MoreBlue GDM Theme (new version)

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 07:00:57PM +0100, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 15:42 -0200, André Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira wrote:
> >         moreblue is also missing a field for pam-message, I suggest
> >         adding one
> >         above the pam-error field.
> >
> > ??????
> >
> > But I don't need "pam-message" if I use "pam-prompt"...
> >
> > Look a version with pam-message:
> > http://cdd.debianbrasil.org/~si0ux/artwork/debian/screenshot/gdm-pam-message.png
>
> Are you sure? They have different descriptions,
>
>         pam-prompt
>         Label that displays the PAM prompt. This is the prompt that PAM
>         uses to ask for username, password, etc...
>
> and
>         pam-message
>         Label that displays the PAM message. These are messages that
>         PAM/GDM gives about state of the account, help about the prompts
>         and other information.
>
> And a quick grep shows that almost all of my other themes provide
> pam-prompt, pam-message, and pam-error.

I talked to Ryan and he said that this is indeed the problem (or at
least one of them).

Note that pam-message is responsible for displaying the "Enter your root
password" prompt when you want to use the system menu, without it the
user is left to guessing at which password they need to enter (and will
probably fail)

Michael