Re: Request for help/advice for cross-building src:langdrill

On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 08:23:56PM +0200, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> Thanks for reaching out!

Thanks for helping me out even when you are so swamped with so many
other (debian) things!

> Quite obviously, I prefer pkg-config as a long-term solution, but it
> requires uploads of two packages and breaks an API contract.

Sorry for sounding silly, but I am not sure if I entirely understand
this statement. Which two packages are you talking about, and why would
adding in a .pc file break API?

> Please don't do that in Debian. Such workarounds may be necessary
> locally, but for the Debian archive, let's try fixing the problem at the
> root (i.e. libvdk2-dev).

Fine -- I want some guidance on what can be done ahead to fix this.
Could you let me know the course of action?

--
Best,
Nilesh