Re: Bootstrap-vz to produce Debian testing Vagrant boxes

Hi.

Tiago Ilieve <tiago.myhro@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Stéphane,
>
>> Is the script able to create a Debian testing Vagrant VM?
>
> Well, yes and no. We have spotted a bug last week (issue #121[1]) which
> prevents the VirtualBox Guest Additions from being installed if the
> kernel version of the image being bootstrapped is different from the one
> running on the host machine. Until we figure out a way to fix that, yes
> you are able to build a testing Vagrant box, but without Guest Additions
> you can't share folders, forward ports, etc. - what makes the box a
> little less useful and certainly prevents you from using all Vagrant
> resources.

Just a short notice to confirm that we (I'm Stéphane's supervisor) we
able to create a working Vagrant box using the development branch of
bootstrap-vz to build a Jessie image on an amd64 jessie host.

The box is reused as a base box to add postgresql, apache, php, etc.

It even works alright on Windows 7 ;-)

As both the host and target are jessie, the dkms issue doesn't pop up,
but this is indeed problematic when host and target kernels mismatch,
AFAICS.

Keep up the good work.

Best regards,
--