Re: Aw: Re: Adding cloud-init in the next Wheezy point release

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 11:10:25AM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> even though most or all of Debian's public cloud images don't yet
> count as official by Lucas's definition

Uh? Can you expand on why you think it is the case? AFAICT the EC2
images should qualify as official images, ditto for the Azure ones
(although I'm less on top of their build process so I might be missing
something there).

Either way, if we have criteria, it would be useful to go through them
as a sort of checklist and see who's in and who's out.

FWIW, I've clarified with Lucas point (C) on IRC, arriving at a slightly
better version:

C) the image generation tools are maintained inside Debian and/or by a
   Debian team, using usual Debian recommended practices

My objective, IMHO satisfied by the above criterion, was to make it
clear that Anders' script totally qualifies.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .