Re: Building Woody-CDs

Le Tue, May 15, 2001 at 01:23:53AM +0200, Nikki Claus écrivait:
> please excuse me for dropping in like this. i am reading some debian
> groups via web since i installed debian over my suse (debian rulez
> :)))))  this is my first post.

I don't wanna flame you. But still, there's nothing worst than starting to
rehash something that has already been discussed ... your post doesn't
(and the previous post where I replied in an inflammatory way) help us at
all. No progress has been made. No new solutions, only critics. While
critics are good, there's always one time where we have to take a
decision. And in this case, the decision has been taken, we won't go
backwards unless you can provide me a better solution. But it serves
nothing to say that the current solution is not good enough. Find a better
one that will meet everybody expectations (and the one that you give below
doesn't meet Jason Gunthorpe's expectation for apt) before.

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd-0105/msg00040.html  as i see it this
> works with all versions of apt. example patch to debian-cd is included
> and also for apt. why not do it that way??????

Because it's a stupid overhead for apt. Because Jason doesn't like it
either.

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com