Re: jido

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Richard Atterer wrote:

[Integrity checking]
> I would definitely like to make this the default mode of operation.
> People who perform a final MD5 check of the whole image at the end can
> switch the individual file checks off, yes. (But if they do, they'll
> never know just which one of the files is the culprit, *if* the image
> turns out to be corrupted.)

Okay, sounds reasonable. This would make MD5 checking of the completed image
unnecessary for "end users", which is a good thing since it just takes far too
long and usually comes out fine anyway. CD vendors that value quality should
of course still do a complete check, but that's their problem ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer