Re: Pseudo-Image-kit problems.

> For rsyncing from an anonymous server, rsh isn't used at all. I don't know how
> you got that error, but a typo is most likely. (Only one ":" instead of "::"?)

I wish there was a typo but no, there isn't. As you can see in the
examples I gave.

> > rsync.kernel.org::mirrors/debian-cd/2.1_r4/i386/binary-i386-1.iso
>
> You need the "." here ----------------------------------------------^

I forgot to copy it in the email.

> I have no experience with --partial, but it might well be that you have to do
> more to get it working (i.e. it might work otherwise than we think).

Why isn't it supported if its in the official release of rsync by the
samba team? Was it hacked to work for debian isos?

> > Does anyone have a pointer to an rsh/ssh that works under win9x console with
> > the kit's rsync client  and
> > with 56k connections.
>
> You don't need it.

So why does rsync die if I dont have it on my machine?

> an rsync proxy. I don't know exactly what an "rsync proxy" is, but my
> impression is that it is something else than an HTTP proxy.

Actually RSYNC_PROXY is the http proxy that some rsync clients look at to
get through the firewall. I will be more than happy to point one out.

make-pseudo-image looks at the HTTP_PROXY env variable.
some rsyncs look at the RSYNC_PROXY env variable  for the http proxy

>The fact that a
> proxy is not supported is already mentioned in the README file.

Maybe implicitly but not explicity.

Cheers, Greg