another dpkg patch for FreeBSD

I got dpkg 1.9.16 (latest) running on FreeBSD 4.3. I've attached a patch for
it. It might help with NetBSD, too.

I used Wartan's patches, and added a few things, to handle changes in dpkg.
The biggest thing is a change that I had to make to configure.in. (That's why
the large set of changes to configure.) It seems that the test for __va_copy
only checks to see if it can compile, not if it can link. This works on Linux,
but on FreeBSD it fails to detect that there isn't any __va_copy.