Problem preseeding wifi password

Hi.

Using the Debian testing net installer iso. I have a wifi password
that is 60 chars long that contains underscores. When I preseed it
with "d-i netcfg/wireless_wpa <password>", the installer spits out an
error that the password is either too long (>64 chars) or too short
(<8 chars). Neither is true and if I enter it manually instead of
preseeding it, there's no problem. I have tried preseeding the
password with and without quotes around it with no success. The only
thing that comes to mind is maybe the underscores (or special chars in
general) are not handled correctly by the installer..? I'm not sure a
bug report is warranted just yet so I'm hoping to get feedback on the
above before going that route.

Thanks!