processes/lock on dillon regarding static sync

Hi,

From reading #debian-release a couple of hours ago, it looks like one of
the hosts behind static hit ENOSPC lately, and we've had accumulating
processes on dillon, trying to sync to static. AFAICT, the script used
(static-update-component) sudoes to some other user (staticsync), and I
don't seem able to kill those, meaning a lot of processes waiting on the
lock. It seems to me DSA action is needed to clear things up but I'd be
happy to learn about other ways we could have handled this ourselves.

    kibi@dillon:~$ pgrep -f static-update-component | wc -l
    75
    kibi@dillon:~$ pgrep -u staticsync ssh | wc -l
    85