Conflicts in blends metapackage dependencies

Hi blends devs,

I am currently investigating how to turn my (currently
unpublished) Debian remix into a Debian Blend. I am not
yet certain whether that makes sense, but that's a discussion
for another time.

Currently, I have one technical issue:

When defining metapackages for the blend tasks, I can define
relations to other packages as Depends, Recommends and Suggests.
But my task also needs to prevent some packages from being
installed, so I need to define a Conflicts relationship.

It seems that the blends-dev tooling cannot do that, but
chapter 6.1.2 of [1] suggests that it is possible. And sure enough,
it is possible, if I define meta-packages myself. But what
about meta-packages generated by the blends-dev tools?

One option seems to be to defien meta-packages separately,
and then vuild tasks that only depend on the manually
created meta-package. But that seems somewhat cumbersome.
If I had to do that, would I defien my own meta-packages
in a different source package than the blend tasks, or
mix them into it?

Thanks,
Nik

[1] https://blends.debian.org/blends/ch06.html#metapackages