debina-backports missing packages

Hi All,

I am encountering an issue with the Buster-backports repository. It seems that the repository does not have a Release file, which is preventing package management tools from retrieving updates or installing new packages from this source.

Problem Description:

When attempting to update the package list, I receive a 404 Not Found error for the Buster-backports repository. Here is the error message I encountered:

Err:5 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports Release 404 Not Found [IP: 146.75.94.132 80] Reading package lists... Done E: The repository 'http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports Release' does not have a Release file.

Steps to Reproduce:

  1. Add the buster-backports repository to the /etc/apt/sources.list:
    deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main
  2. Run sudo apt update.
  3. Observe the error regarding the missing Release file.

Expected Result: The package list updates successfully, and the Release file is found without issues.

Actual Result: The update process fails due to a missing Release file, resulting in a 404 error.

Thank you for your assistance and for all the work you do for Debian.

Regards

Varghese Paul