Re: Ibus: caps-lock for upper case accented letters does not work anymore

Il giorno gio, 01/02/2024 alle 13.39 -0500, Boyuan Yang ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> 在 2024-01-25星期四的 21:25 +0100,Domenico Cufalo写道:
> > Follow up Debian Bug report #1054214
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1054214
> >
> > There is an important issue with v. 1.5.29~rc1-1, which affects
> > Debian 12 (with backports) and Trixie/Sid.
> > With italian keyboard layout it is no longer possible to type the
> > following characters, normally reachable via caps-lock: ÀÈÉÌÒÙ.
> >
> > Reverting to v. 1.5.27-5, all works fine.
>
> I am not sure what we can do. What do you expect Debian to act on?
> Do you have a known solution, such as a patch to be applied to
> certain
> version of package in Debian? Is it a specific bug that should be
> fixed
> via Backports? Please provide more information so that a fix can
> really
> be possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Boyuan Yang

Yes, I understand.
The problem is that this bug affects Italian, French and probably all
languages with similar characters.

The simplest solution might be to completely remove this buggy package
from backports, but here
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1054214) was found a
patch for mutter 44.8-2 that fixed the issue on Sid.

I don't know if this patch is also suitable for Bookworm, but I doubt
it.

Evaluate for yourself what the best solution is for this case. As for
me, I'm giving up on this backport for now.

Many thanks,
Domenico Cufalo