Re: Backport request: inkscape 1.3

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 10:12:14AM +0200, Tarik Graba wrote:
> inkscape 1.3 has just been added to EXP.
>
> I would like to please request this version to be backported to bookworm.

First of all, 1.3 needs to arrive to testing, experimental is not
enough.

> Previous versions (1.2.x)  were automatically backported (to bullseye).

There is nothing "automatic" about backports.

> Is there a reason why it is not the case anymore?
> I can help test inkscape and its dependencies if needed.

The problem is that 1.3 has too many test failures, and upstream doesn't
really help much in solving them.  My time is limited so I can't
easily work on them.
Until then, I'm unable to push 1.3 to unstable.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :