Re: Issue with ca-certificates-java and backports autobuilders

On Wed, Sep 13 2023, Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> On Wed, 2023-09-13 at 11:32 -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
>> arch I built it for (amd64).  All others are blocked with:
>>
>> Dep-Wait (ca-certificates-java (>= 20230620~deb12u1))
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out the problem; that package is arch: all and
>> that
>> version is in bookworm-updates per
>> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=ca-certificates-java .
>>

> Clicking on either the "last log" link directly or looking through the
> list of failed logs for architectures were the package has been tried
> via "all (N)" gives logs such as
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=nncp&arch=i386&ver=8.9.0-1%7Ebpo12%2B1&stamp=1694163551&raw=0

Ahh, thanks.  That was the missing link, and I was confused that it
wasn't present on all archs.

> This appears to show a failure of the kind that the package in
> bookworm-updates is intended to resolve, so I assume that someone added
> the dep-wait on that basis.

Indeed, it looks like ca-certificates-java in plain bookworm is
uninstallable.

> The "update chroot" section of that log also shows that packages from
> bookworm and bookworm-backports are included, but not those from
> bookworm-updates.

Indeed.  I wonder if there is any plan to include bookworm-updates?

Alternatively, I guess I could upload the bookworm-updates version (with
a bpo bump) to backports.  Hacky but doable...  Otherwise I guess
anything using Java will be stalled from backports until the next
bookworm point release?

Thanks,

John