Re: Instructions for uploading to bookworm-backports

On ശ, ഓഗ 26 2023 at 01:56:08 വൈകു -07:00:00 -07:00:00, Soren Stoutner <soren@stoutner.com> wrote:

Boyuan,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I was using a chroot named bookworm (with altered apt configuration so that it also included backports).  I didn’t realize that sbuild populated the Distribution field with the name of the chroot, and I also didn’t know that this field was used to direct the upload into the correct queue.

I added the following line to the wiki, which will hopefully be helpful to future uploaders making the same mistake.

"The distribution field in the .changes file must be correct for the backports upload to process into the correct queue. For example, for bookworm this field must be bookworm-backports. Sbuild automatically populates this field with the name of the chroot, so it is important that the chroot have the correct name and not simply be something like bookworm or stable. "

for sbuild, if you want to use a single chroot for stable*, you can use aliases and --extra-repository options.

see https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/gitlab/-/wikis/bullseye-backports

feel free to take any useful tips to wiki page.

--

Soren Stoutner

soren@stoutner.com