Re: Instructions for uploading to bookworm-backports

Hi,

在 2023-08-26星期六的 10:30 -0700,Soren Stoutner写道:
> I am attempting to upload a new version of Electrum to bookworm-backports.  A Debian Developer previously uploaded an initial version that cleared the New queue.
>
> https://packages.debian.org/source/stable-backports/electrum
>
> The instructions on the wiki page say to "Use dput (≥ 0.9.6.3+nmu2), dput-ng or dupload to upload the resulting package (just like a regular package upload). “
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/BuildingFormalBackports
>
> Using dput 1.1.3 I uploaded the files to ftp.upload.debian.org.
>
> But I received an email in response that had the following information:
>
>     Thank you for your contribution to Debian.
>     Mapping bookworm to stable.
>     Mapping stable to proposed-updates.
>     Accepted:
>
> This then went to the stable-new queue instead of backports.
>
> The changes entry for the upload is the following:
>
>     electrum (4.4.5+dfsg1-3~bpo12+1) bookworm-backports; urgency=medium
>     .
>      * Rebuild for bookworm-backports.
>
> I imagine there is something obvious I am missing that would direct the upload to the backports queue, but I have been unable to find it.  Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?

Note: I am not maintaining backports.d.o; I am just a regular contributor to backported
packages.

My intuition is that your package uploading was done correctly, but you did not prepare
a correct *.changes file that actually targets bookworm-backports.

Could you provide a sample of *complete* set of files you prepared for bookworm-backports suite?
With complete files, we will be able to tell what went wrong. For example, the correctness of

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang