Re: rsyslog 8.2302.0-1~bpo11+1 needs orphan-sysvinit-scripts 0.14

Hi,
On 29/06/2023 15:37, Opty wrote:
On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 7:02 PM Matthew Vernon <matthew@debian.org> wrote:
There's no particular reason why you couldn't just use the bookworm
package (0.14) directly - it is basically just some shell scripts and
dpkg triggers and so on.

Given that, I'm not sure a backport is of much value (since presumably I
would then be committing to remembering to update it every time I
uploaded a new version?)...?

One has to find it out first and add APT source or download manually.

Upgrade from Bullseye rsyslog breaks log rotating which one may not
notice immediatelly and if one decides to migrate from syslog-ng then
it even breaks daemon handling due to missing init script.

Nothing fatal I'd say but rather a bit uncomfortable.

OK, I have uploaded (0.14~bpo11+1) to bullseye-backports.

HTH,

Matthew