Re: qemu and libvirt-daemon-system

On 10/28/21 1:42 PM, Apostolos Kefalas wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> why qemu backport wants to get rid of libvirt-daemon-system???
>
> Virtual manager is not working without it!!!
>

> Thanks
> Apostolos

It is because libvirt does not have a corresponding backport to allow it
to be compatible with the newer qemu version. From the qemu package
changelog:

qemu (1:6.0+dfsg-2exp) experimental; urgency=medium

  [ Christian Ehrhardt ]
  * qemu 6.0 broke libvirt <7.2, add a Breaks
    to avoid partial upgrade issues (LP: #1932264)

So, it looks like if you want to use libvirt with the updated qemu
you'll need to backport libvirt or find someone to do it. I do not know
if there are plans to do so or if the backport is intended for
non-libvirt uses.

Good luck!

Ryan