Maintaining Django 1.8.x in jessie-backports

Hello dear backport maintainers,

now that we (Django maintainers) have clarified that:
- we expect Debian stable releases to contain Django LTS releases
- we failed to do this for jessie and stretch
- but that we have committed to keep only LTS version in buster for the
  future: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/packages/python-django.git/tree/debian/README.Django-packaging-policy?h=debian/experimental

Are you willing to grant us a permanent exception so that we can continue
to maintain Django 1.8.x in jessie-backports ?

We will do the same with Django 1.11.x in stretch-backports but we don't
need any exception since buster will continue to host 1.11.x for a long
time to come.

Note that we don't need 1.8.x in jessie-backports for any upgrade problem.
The problem of Neil Williams with lava-server has been fixed on the Django
side (#863267) and worked-around on the lava-server side (#847277). The
only reason we want it in jessie-backports is because that's the version
that most jessie users are interested in.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer