Re: deterministic dependencies target (stable / backports)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016, Frank Niederwipper wrote:

> e.g [apt-get -s install -t jessie-backports linux-image-amd64] will
[…]
> apt-get -s install linux-image-amd64/jessie-backports
> linux-image-4.6.0-0.bpo.1-amd64/jessie-backports

The second command marks linux-image-4.6.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 as
manually installed, though. It’s also not nice to ask users
to do the dependency resolution manually on the command line.

On the other hand, I agree that backports should only be taken
into account for dependencies that can’t otherwise be fulfilled,
and the buildds already work this way.