Re: virtualbox installs other backports packages and

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Anil Duggirala
<anilduggirala@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> virtualbox from backports is installing various packages from backports
> (qt4 libraries). I dont know exactly how, but this package is messing up
> my system, for example now, upon trying to install calibre I get:
> calibre : Depends: python-qt4 (>= 4.9.3-4) but it is not going to be
> installed
> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages
>
> I have reinstalled my whole system twice due to this problem, can
> someone tell me anything about the virtualbox package in backports??

There could be something wrong with your APT pinning set-up, current
version of virtualbox in wheezy-backports only have these stuff
related to Qt4 libraries:
  rec: libqt4-opengl (>= 4:4.5.3)
  rec: libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.5.3)
  rec: libqtgui4 (>= 4:4.5.3)

Qt4 packages in wheezy (non-backports) satisfy such Recommends requirement well.

Regards,
Aron