Re: Backports integrated into the main archive

Charles Plessy dijo [Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:15:52PM +0900]:
> Dear Gerfried, Backports team, and FTP team, this is awesome !
>
> Many thanks for making this happen.

Let me join in the cheering, thankfulness and happiness!

> This integration opens the theoretical possibility to "migrate" a package from
> testing to backports.  In the case of packages with good regression tests, this
> would be economical for everybody.
>
> Is that something considered for the future ?

Backports are meant to be human-generated, with packages with specific
needs for updatedness, not for the whole archive on an automatic basis.