Re: PHP4 Forward Port to Lenny

Tim Cutts <timc@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> I use debarchiver, works really well, and allows my fellow admins to use
> dput' to upload packages to it.  We use this for our own site- wide
> backports, where we're generally doing stuff which is either way too
> bleeding edge even for sid, or stuff which is of negligible interest to
> the majority of the community (such as some really obscure
> bioinformatics perl modules)

reprepro is even nicer.  You can do things like automatically pull uploads
of arch: all packages into an unstable distribution to the stable
distribution, and it ensures that you don't shoot yourself in the foot by
having multiple distributions with different packages having the same
version number.