Re: Problem running flashplugin-nonfree (solved)

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 11:04:23AM +0100, Nick Leverton wrote:

> On installation, it successfully downloads the player from Adobe and
> installs it.  There is no checksum mismatch problem.
>
> However when I try to view a page with a Flash video, the plugin does
> not display anything.  Nothing at all - not even the presence of a video
> is shown, never mind playing it.
>
> The only thing in .xsession errors is as follows:
>
>   nspluginviewer (plugin): ERROR: Can't create plugin class

Just reporting back that I found the problem.  I needed to re-scan
for plugins.  I was sure that I had done this, but apparently I hadn't
done the right combination of installing, rescanning and re-starting on
the right machine before asking here.  Many thanks especially to Bart
Martens for taking the trouble to help.

The flashplayer-mozilla 9.0.31 package I mentioned is the one from
Christian Marillat (debian-multimedia), not standard Etch as I wrongly
typed.  But all the local machines are now on flashplugin-nonfree from
bpo, and all seems well.  Thankyou.

Nick