Bug in Gnuastro's multiple shared libraries

Dear Debian Astro Team,

Thank you for submitting Gnuastro 0.20.

After it was accepted, I received the following bug report about a GNU Make extension of Gnuastro (which is shipped as an extra shared library from the previous version):

After the first comment, there was no reply by the bug reporter to confirm if my proposed solution fixes the problem.

I wanted to see if anyone here has any thoughts on fixing this bug? We are in the middle of the first internal J-PAS data release [1] and I do not have time to re-read all the details from the Debian policy in the coming month or two. So if anyone has experience in this, it would be greatly appreciated to share it with me ;-).

Thanks a lot,
Mohammad

[1] https://www.j-pas.org/survey