Re: Welcome to debian-astro!

Michael Olberg <olberg.michael@gmail.com> writes:
> It appears that the last attempt failed due to some uncertainties with the
> license of gildas. Their homepage still says: "GILDAS is freely available to
> non-profit institutes on an "as-is" basis. No warranty at all is expressed or
> implied. We are thinking about going to LGPL." But that copyright notice seems
> to be dated 23-may-2004!

Maybe start another attempt :-)

>> Would you like create an official Debian package for it? Do you have any
>> other package in mind?
>
> Possibly, but my motive to join the group was mainly to lend a hand with the
> astropy and possibly casacore packaging ;-).

For astropy, it would be good to get affiliated packages ready for
Debian.

If you are interested in casacore, there is already some ongoing effort;
see [1]. You should contact Benda Xu <heroxbd@gentoo.org> or Gijs
Molenaar <gijs@pythonic.nl> if you are interested.

Best regards

Ole