Re: armbian for arm64's is 99% debian testing for arm64's.

On 12/28/22 22:41, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 4:17 PM gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

But its dfu-util is truly ancient at version 0.9
version 0.10 has been available for several years if I read ticket dates
on sourceforge correctly.

dfu-util-v0.9 on a banana pi m5, cannot do any dfu-utils duties. sudo
dfu-util -l only lists the authors, no dfu capable devices on the bpi5

Where can I get version 0.10? Or 0.11 if that is out?

The search results for "armbian package search" suck. The only hit is
a static page at https://www.armbian.com/kernel/ .

An 'apt-cache show dfu-util' shows some information, but not the
upstream source code repository.

It looks like Debian's dfu-util package page at
https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/dfu-util says
dfu-util.sourceforge.net, but I am not sure how accurate it is for
Armbian. The Sourceforge pasy says the current release is 0.11.

Jeff
.
I'm the OP and what is in the recent armbian they claim is debian testing is 0.9, years old, and apparently hasn't a clue how to work with usb-3 ports like the bpi5 has 4 of. Yet octoprint works just fine thru the same port and cabling. Mutter.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis