Re: Support for accelerated graphics and video decoding on PINE A64+ in bullseye

On Vi, 06 dec 19, 19:57:07, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Vi, 06 dec 19, 15:05:32, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> > W dniu 06.12.2019 o 14:52, Alan Corey pisze:
> >
> > > The issue probably centers around the Mali GPU if it has one.
> >
> > > ARM stopped providing x11 drivers, expect everyone to jump to
> > > Wayland.  Hope they get sued.  I've spent most of a week trying to
> > > get Vulkan or OpenGL ES running on an Odroid N2 and a Rock64.  Gross
> > > misrepresentation in my opinion.
> >
> > Use Lima (Pine A64) or Panfrost (Rock64)?
>
> Sure... how?
>
> I changed my xorg.conf as per [1], but not apparent change. What (else)
> is missing?

For the Allwinner A64 the sun8i-mixer module is missing, see #946510.

With a recompiled kernel I was able to start Xorg with the modesetting
driver on my Pine A64+ (2 GiB).

Xorg starts much slower than with fbdev (approximately 1 minute, most of
it with a black screen, where fbdev is almost instant) and the mouse
cursor is invisible. Tried "Option" "SWcursor" "true" for the
modesetting driver, but it didn't make a difference.

glxgears and es2gears are capped to 60 FPS because they sync to vertical
refresh by default.

If I override it with vblank_mode=0 glxgears reports more than 1200 FPS,
but the gears only move a little bit in the beginning and then stop.
Similar with es2gears, where I get about 400 FPS.

Looks like there is still work to be done here ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei