Re: Installing Debian Jessie on an ARM board

On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 15:49:13 +0200
Alexey Smishlayev <alexey@xtech2.lv> wrote:

> > You can use debootstrap and QEMU. (qemu-user-static package)
>
> So would I run debootstrap on QEMU using my ARM kernel?

No. You do this on your main system - QEMU handles the emulation of the
ARM system for your running kernel (presumably x86).

> I can see
> that rootfs can be "cross-debootstrapped", so it can be done on any
> host? What purpose exactly does the second command (cp) serve?

The bin format handler needs to be inside the chroot before you can use
the chroot command to enter the ARM system. that is what does the emulation.

--

Neil Williams