Re: What is in the U-boot "default environment"?

On 2015-08-25, Rick Thomas wrote:
> On Aug 25, 2015, at 12:53 AM, Tim Fletcher <tim@night-shade.org.uk> wrote:
>>> On 25 Aug 2015, at 01:39, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:
>>> What is in the default environment?
>>> It boots just fine, so the default environment must be up to the job, but I’m curious.
>> It's part of the u-boot binary, built in at compile time. You can set it as part of u-boot's config
>
> That implies there’s a source file for it (or something that builds it) as part of the u-boot source tree.  Do you happen to have a URL for that?

It's defined as part of each board's config in the u-boot sources, such
as include/configs/mx6cuboxi.h, though it's built from many definitions
in that and other included files. Each board will define it's
environment in it's own "choose your own adventure" sort of way.

Good luck!

live well,
  vagrant