Re: QNAP 219 P II, Luks, Debian

HI Tim,
I am glad to report that, it's now working.....!!!! Many thanks to Tim and Ian as well.Peng

2. The setting was not stayed and we ended up on /dev/ram situation again.

To make the change in u-boot stay before you type boot, type saveenv

That will save your changes to u-boot's flash storage

This indeed worked!

Question though.
1. Will future kernel update affect this?
2. Will future flash-kernel script have a line that will look-into /etc/fstab's /root dev info and use it to generate a "boot argus....." and save it on U-boot env automatically?

   Volume group "VG01" not found
   Skipping volume group VG01
Unable to find LVM volume VG01/LVG01

Error about not finding the root LV, possibly from the initramfs hook
Ian highlighted?

This similiar message seems showing up on my normal PC debian server with Luks/lvm as well. However, it seems that , once Luks is decrypted, /root will be correctly located with /dev/mapper/VG01-LVG01.